Brand sells. And creating an effective brand is a long-term marketing strategy that can yield huge dividends. But branding has become more difficult in the age of social media and technology. In this session, branding expert Scott Montminy discusses to approach branding for staffing firms.
Below is the full recording of this session, as well as a quick summary to learn more about the various topics discussed.
Watch the Replay
Presenter: Scott Montminy (Partner, MindLaunch Media)
Impacts of COVID-19 on Branding for Staffing Firms
Studies show that 50% of consumers make their purchasing decisions based on company brand. What does your company stand for? How does your company treat its workers and clients? And, perhaps most importantly, where does your company fall on the scale of diversity and inclusion?
Companies whose brand answers these questions will find themselves well positioned as leaders in their industry. If your company doesn’t have a brand, or any message, now is the time to create one.
Creating a Brand Clients Will Do Business With
So how can you approach branding for staffing firms? The harsh truth is that successful branding takes years—and business. The most recognizable brands are usually established Fortune 500 companies whose annual revenue exceeds 3 trillion.
But that said, there are some reliable ways to brand your company quickly and efficiently so you become a trusted partner for clients and candidates alike. They are:
- Identify your niche. Knowing what you do and who you serve is key to successfully branding yourself. Identify your target audience. Then, review your customers to see which ones best match your ideal prospect. Interview those customers to discover why they chose you, what differentiates you from the competitors. And then, strategically market those key differentiators to your ideal customer.
- Prioritize diversity & inclusion. Today, brands do not exist independently from issues of diversity & inclusion. Brands that prioritize these questions, and make tangible steps to address them, establish themselves as leaders in their industry. And leaders attract clients and candidates alike: diverse organizations are 35% more likely to financially outperform their industry average.
- Make your brand relevant. Any marketing expert knows that brands do not exist in a vacuum. Thanks to the proliferation of social media and instant connection, your brand is always on display, 24/7, around the world. Making sure your brand addresses hot-button issues in your current environment is a must-have for any company who wants to distinguish themselves.
- Be authentic. Now more than ever, companies are called on to be authentic. The younger generations, such as millennials and Gen Zs, are looking for meaningful work. And that means your brand has to tell an authentic story about why what you do matters. Being genuine and telling an authentic story about your company is the best way to establish credibility and attract clients and candidates alike.
Storytelling & Branding for Staffing Firms
So how can you tell a good story about yourself and your services?
Well, your story will be different, depending on your company and your goals. But remember: a good branding story should encompass both the facts and the feelings your brand embodies. To start, ask yourself the following:
- Does your brand have a consistent personality? Is your tone more fun, professional, or cutting-edge?
- Is your brand highly visible, on your website, through social media, and anywhere else?
- Does your brand address the needs and emotions of your customers?
- Are you advertising your brand with high-quality content and dynamic visuals?
- Are you retargeting your key buyer personas for best results?
Remember: when it comes to ROI, emotion trumps logic, every time. Brand storytelling is your fastest way into your customers’ heart—so make sure your story is defined, relevant, and authentic.