Since every millennial and Gen Z-er is using social media platforms, the recruitment industry is also shifting toward social hiring – better known as social recruiting. More than 80% of recruiters today use social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as web forums and job boards to hire candidates.
70% of the candidate pool is passive, meaning most candidates aren’t actively seeking a new position but are open to new opportunities. Using social media hiring makes it much easier to reach out to passive candidates and engage with them directly, which shortens the hiring process.
Why Go Social?
A lot of companies still rely upon traditional methods of referrals (internal hiring to identify talent). This process is time-consuming and involves a lot of tedious paperwork. Today, 49% of candidates follow companies on social media to stay aware of job openings. (LinkedIn). This has fueled a movement that embraces social recruitment. With AI-enabled match-making algorithms, recruiters get automated suggestions and advanced filters to find the perfect candidate. Hiring candidates from social media has many benefits:
- Saves an extensive amount of time
- Gives a direct engagement platform
- Reaches both active and passive candidates
- Helps in amplifying the company’s branding
- Targets segmented communities of talent
Choosing the Right Platform
Choosing the right social media platform is also a challenge that can be clarified with defined key metrics such as the traffic generated by each platform towards the career page of your company, and candidate engagement scores (measured by likes, shares, comments, subscriptions, etc.).
- LinkedIn provides a complete business-oriented network of candidates. Recruiters can search for candidates based on skillsets, demographics, education, and many filters.
- Recruiting through Facebook includes running very targeted ad campaigns, creating Facebook groups of potential hires, and curating engaging content for the candidates.
- Twitter provides an opportunity to find a robust dataset of candidates through posts, hashtags, and location, while also allowing direct conversations with potential candidates.
Using AI to Source the Best Candidates
Candidate relationship management (CRM) systems help employers create amazing branding campaigns. With CEIPAL’s ATS (Applicant Tracking Software) capabilities, recruiters can advertise to social sites and job boards with just one click. Our users can quickly find the best match for any job opening with our AI matching profiles and passive candidate sourcing features integrated all together. With CEIPAL’s powerful plugins, users can source candidates from any social media platform and add them to their pipeline to create a more robust database and a unique, cloud-based talent container.