Having the right software has become critical to winning in the recruiting game. Staffing and HR professionals are juggling more candidates, more job boards, and more placements than ever before. Some software either doesn’t work the way you want, while other offerings are too expensive. So, what’s a small or medium-sized staffing firm to do?
What is an Applicant Tracking System?
An Applicant Tracking System(ATS) helps recruiters with tools to increase their productivity and make hiring decisions faster and more efficient placements. A good ATS fits into your existing hiring process and streamlines the workflows for managing job requirements, job marketing, resume parsing, candidate sourcing, candidate screening, and onboarding. An ATS allows recruiters to perform their everyday tasks in one platform without having to toggle between various systems. An ATS serves as a medium to automate your hiring process, be it bulk hiring, bench hiring, or contingent hiring.
Do Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) need ATS?
Small and medium-sized businesses face multiple problems like:
- Lack of automation (use of excel sheets, multiple folders, etc.)
- Zero database management
- Poor candidate engagement
- Manual human intervention
- Biased hiring (lack of diversity hiring)
- No reporting and analytics
- Overburdened recruiters and hiring managers
Without a recruitment CRM and Applicant Tracking System at hand, most staffing businesses struggle – particularly during their first few years in business.
Want to Source Candidates Like a Pro?
Read an eBook Designed for Smart Recruiters Like You
Should SMBs invest in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)?
An ATS transforms the tedious tasks of recruiters into easily automated processes so that they can hire more efficiently. With an ATS at your fingertips you can:
- Reduce Time-to-Hire. On a daily basis, a recruiter spends a lot of time on job boards and social media and wonders whether a candidate is the right fit. A lot of time gets wasted filling out forms and bridging cross-departmental gaps. With an ATS, recruiters can focus on what is most important: parsing thousands of resumes within a few minutes, hiring quality candidates, and saving time. An AI-powered ATS is built with algorithms that provide lists of candidates that best match the profile and their compatibility with the job requirements. With automated interview scheduling, screening, and short-listing of candidates, a recruiter does not have to be stuck in the weeds and can easily find candidates and even onboard them.
- Efficient Integration. Integrations are one of the key benefits of having an ATS. A good ATS comes with integrations with all standard job boards, Vendor Management Systems (VMS), productivity apps, and social media platforms. Whether you are looking to market your job posts or send bulk emails to candidates, you can do that with a single click from an advanced ATS platform. A strong ATS can also integrate with career sites, so you can consistently post jobs, engage with candidates and improve your employer branding.
- Intelligent Database Management. Applicant tracking systems are robust talent management platforms. With advanced database management solutions, there is high visibility to clients, vendors, and candidate information. You can easily track the status of each candidate in the pipeline, their source of submission, etc. With data being tracked, there is no chance of duplicate profiles being created, thereby reducing the time spent by hiring professionals trying to manage the database.
- Boost Candidate Engagement. Without automation, small and medium-sized companies manage so many small tasks, that little time is left for recruiters to work on building long-lasting relationships with candidates, nurturing talent communities, and diversifying the talent pool. Recruiters can easily lose valuable time by manually contacting each and every candidate and client. But, with the help of an ATS, recruiters can build relationships and talent communities by creating unique experiences with personalized emails, newsletters, and messages.
Future-proof Your Organization’s Hiring Process with an AI-powered Talent Management Solution
Advanced Applicant Tracking Systems are built with the sole purpose of easing the burden of recruiters and meeting end-to-end recruitment requirements while saving time and money. For small companies to scale, it is highly recommended that they embrace automation and future-proof their organizations. Poor hires cost businesses a lot of money. By investing in an ATS, your business can avoid such pitfalls.
Have you decided to get an ATS for your business, but are not sure how to choose one? Here is a quick guide that explains how to choose an ATS that best fits your business.